What is Rakkas?
Rakkas is a bleeding-edge full-stack React framework powered by Vite. You can consider it an up-and-coming alternative to Next.js, Remix, or Gatsby.
Important features are:
- ⚡ Lightning fast development server
- 🖥️ Streaming SSR with Suspense
- 🔀 Dynamic rendering (full static pages for bots, streaming for browsers)
- ⬇️ API-less data fetching system
- 🚀 Support for serverless and worker environments
- 📄 Static site generation
- 📁 Flexible file system router
- ⚙️ API routes with middleware support
Is Rakkas right for you?
- Although many features have been implemented, Rakkas is still under heavy development. It uses experimental and/or beta features of React and Vite. Minor releases will introduce breaking changes until we hit 1.0. As such, it's not yet ready for production use. If you need a stable React framework try Next.js, Remix, or Gatsby.
- Rakkas is fairly opinionated. If you need more flexibility try vite-ssr-plugin.